What forms of identification are accepted?

We take your privacy and security very seriously! In order to complete your application, we need to be able to verify who you are.


We're currently able to accept the following forms of identification:

  • State-issued Driver's Licenses or Learner's Permits
  • State-issued Identification Cards
  • U.S. Passport Cards* 
  • U.S. Passport Books*  
  • U.S. Employment Authorization Cards
  • U.S. Permanent Resident Cards
  • Mexican, South American, and Caribbean Consular Identification Cards 
  • Tribal Enrollment/Membership Cards 
  • I-872 American Indian Cards

*Please keep in mind that you may also be asked to submit a document proving your residency in the state you've applied. Click here for more information about our proof of residency requirements. 


We're unfortunately not able to accept the following forms of identification at this time:

  • Military Identification Cards
  • Foreign Passports
  • Expired Identification Cards 
  • Temporary, paper Identification Cards

When taking a photo of your ID, please keep the following requirements in mind: 

  • The ID must be placed on a flat surface
  • All 4 corners of the ID must be clearly visible 
  • Hands and fingers must not cover any part of the ID
  • The photo must be clear and all information must be easy to read
  • There should not be any excessive shadows or glares
  • The ID must NOT be expired
Was this article helpful?
25 out of 40 found this helpful



Article is closed for comments.